Pages

About Me

I am a revert muslim who wants to share with the world my experience of reverting in the UK- Including the highs and lows. Please feel free to comment and share

Saturday 9 February 2013

You can be fat under your abaya!

Yes I've said it, you can be fat under your abaya, because no one will see!

I have just sat down in a friends house and picked up a copy of 'woman' which If you don't know has celebrity gossip, fashion, makeup, diets and all that jazz.

Now, after looking at all the skinny celebs and diet tricks etc I now feel depressed and want to go on a diet.

Before I wore hijab I felt the exact same, I always said to myself, aww look at how beautiful she is, why can't I be skinny, I wish my hair looked like that, I want her legs! The wanting list was endless.

But now that I'm wearing hijab I had no need to buy these magazines as I thought what's the point, they just advertise unhalalified clothes anyway. So, over the past few months I've not had to pine over other woman's bodies.

Alhamdolilah for Islam, I don't need to compare myself to these woman as when I go out in hijab no one is looking at me to judge If I'm a size bigger than Rihanna or not.

I didn't realise how positive my self confidence and self esteem has improved over these past few months, it wasn't until just now I have understood it.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete